Essential Oils can be used in a variety of ways, in a diffuser for yummy aromatics, in home-made cleaning supplies, topically as massage oil or at pressure points to relieve pain and stress, home-made soaps, sugar scrubs, or hair treatments... the list goes on and on. I'll outline a few (or more) of my favorite ways to use essential oils.
- If you have a diffuser, mix the required amount of water with your favorite scent or create a combination of scents. A combination I love for rest and relaxation is: 4 drops Lavender, 3 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Frankincense.
- Topically, essential oils can be applied to the crown of your head, behind your ears, to your neck, and your temples to relieve pressure and pain. Use them as a massage oil. Mix your favorite scents with a carrier oil like Maye & Company's 100% Almond Oil: https://mayeandcompany.com/collections/home-essentials/products/100-pure-almond-oil-16-oz - Use peppermint oil to relax muscles. Use Tea Tree Essential Oil to fight foot odor by applying it to the tops and soles of your feet or adding 10-15 drops in warm water and soaking your feet to relieve stress.
- Essential Oils helps with the appearance of blemishes. Use Tea Tree oil as an all-natural face oil before bed, apply with a cotton ball. For smoother looking skin, add Bergamot essential oil to your nighttime routine.
- For an aromatic treat that can help give your body smoother-looking skin, add lavender essential oil to your next bath.
- For Laundry, add your favorite essential oil scent to 100% Wool dryer balls. *Dryer balls coming soon to Maye & Company. I recommend Lavender: https://mayeandcompany.com/collections/home-essentials/products/lavender-essential-oil Or The Laundry Collection: https://mayeandcompany.com/collections/home-essentials/products/the-laundry-collection
- To keep bugs away, add some Cedarwood oil to Cedarwood circles and place in your closet, drawers, or around your house.
Cleaning Supplies using Essential Oils
DIY Hand Sanitizer Spray
- 1.5oz alcohol-free witch hazel
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 8 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2oz spray bottle
All Purpose Spray
- 16oz spray bottle
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 30 drops of your favorite scents, I recommend 15 drops Lavender & 15 drops lemon Essential Oil; or 15 drops Lemon & 15 drops Orange/Bergamot Essential Oil
Other DIY with Essential Oils
- 8oz spray bottle
- 1/2 cup witch hazel
- 1/2 water
- 5 drops of essential oil; Lavender, Frankincense, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, or Vetiver are all great sleep scents OR use Maye & Company's Deep Sleep Essential Oils Collection: https://mayeandcompany.com/collections/home-essentials/products/deep-sleep-essential-oil-set
After Sun Soothing Balm
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Natural Bug Repellent Spray
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbs Witch Hazel
- 10 drops Lemongrass
- 10 drops Geranium
- Combine ingredients in 4 oz spray bottle. Shake before each use.
- Can also use Lavender, Basil, Clove, Thyme, Eucalyptus, Citronella, or Peppermint to fight bugs